In regards to work...
In September I took a new position instructing college students. The class is small and discussion based and I've had a great time with it. During Sept and Oct I was reading Everyday Grace by Marianne Williamson and received some great advise to put to use tackling this new life adventure of mine. Her language is more "god-y" and (to me anyway) reminiscent of church talk but with a few mental substitutions, the truths she spoke of resonated through my being. One thing she advocates is to start the day with a morning prayer (which I incorporated into my morning quiet time.) She suggests that you ask God (or Source Energy, as I like to think of it) to bless yourself, the day ahead of you and all those that you may meet. She suggests the visualization of enveloping all those you bring to your thoughts in a gold light, as a mental symbol of good energy and love surrounding them. This is something I did in my mind with the students in class. I took each in turn and "blessed them" then I asked that (or set my intention as such that) I let go of my resistance, that I may be available to hear the questions they had of me and that I be open enough to allow the answers they were seeking to flow through me. On many occasions, I can honestly say that I felt life energy flowing though me and through the class. It was powerful, and so much fun. I appreciate having the opportunity to direct energy in that way and to live that experience, especially since it included others that are not usually in my small sphere of daily experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment